i think sometimes im scared of my own intelligence
i think sometimes im scared of my own intelligence
Is that Kid Cudi?
Done with life
#blackedu Member of the Black Panther Party - Oakland - 1970
"I realized that I was connected to Africa. I wasn’t just a Colored girl. I was part of a whole world that wanted a better life. I’m part of a majority and not a minority. My life has been a life of growth. If you’re not…
Yassuh Massuh! 22 Ways to Know You MIGHT be Infected with a Slave Mentality
We make a lot of references to the slave mentality. So, the your black world team decided to put together a list of ways to know that you might possess the slave mentality. The list is meant to be funny, but then again, it’s not. It would only be funny is these things weren’t true for some of us. But at least we now know the symptoms.
Here you go:
1) If you’re the one who will spend $300 at Wal-Mart, but think a black man is a criminal for asking you to spend $9.99 to support a black-owned business. Remember that Wal-Mart doesn’t give a sh*t about you, but black businesses tend to be the ones that will hire black workers.
2) If you are complaining that no one will give you a job, yet don’t want to listen when someone tells you that you can start your own business.
3) If you think that nappy hair is a curse that can only be cured with the use of toxic and expensive substances ( relaxers, texturizers, formaldehyde, etc )
4) If you think that a light skinned woman is automatically more attractive than a dark-skinned one, even if she has the face of a blow fish.
5) If you support a politician just because he’s a black democrat, but can’t really explain why or if you are a Republican because you felt rejected by the black community for being dark skin or a nerd as Clarence Thomas confessed in his book.
6) If you hear a rapper call black women b*tches and hoes and still play that music in front of your kids. That’s it: train your daughter to be a hοe while she’s young.
7) If you congratulate your son for not going to jail, but don’t care that he never learned how to read.
8) If you think a black man deserves a trophy for taking care of his own d*amn kids.
9) If you think that your child’s father is an optional, unnecessary accessory in the child-rearing process and that your kids are just fine without their daddy around. Sorry to break it to you, but the damage won’t be seen for another 10 years.
10) If you are able to work 10 hours a day at a fast food restaurant but think that studying for three hours a day is a waste of time
11) If your kids know how to twerk before they learn their ABCs
12) If your kids think that Harriet Tubman is a hairy man who fixes bath tubs.
13) If you “can’t afford” to pay for your child’s tutor, but save your tax refund to buy him a pair of Air Jordans
14) If you are suspicious or disapproving of your child being gay but okay with them having 6 baby fathers or mothers.
15) If your a waiter, salesman, etc who runs from black customers and runs to white consumers at the drop of a dime.
16) If you acknowledge white people quickly and disregard the presence of black people.
17 ) If you refer to curly hair as Good hair or if you prefer to date outside of your race or a fair skin sistah because she has what some call good hair. Your tumblr, instagram, myspace page is full of images of redbones, white women, latinas, etc.
18 ) Your submissive to white people and very aggressive and cold to your own people.
19 ) You think a man isn’t a man unless he has swag and or thug mentality. ( sagging pants, hustler motives, etc )
20 ) Buying fake hair that does not match your own texture but then shunning women who rock natural hair. To my women with natural hair every woman who has relaxed hair isn’t a sale out, in some cases just not in a working environment that is supportive of natural hair and unless you work for yourself or are an artist you can’t change the rules or the game.
21) You reference white people as smart and good money managers and everyone else as incompetent and wreckless. White people mismanage money as well and have poor spending habits as well but the difference is they ( Older White People/ Parents ) value credit so much that their parents make sure that their credit card bills get paid even if their children don’t pay it themselves. Black children or young adults don’t get credit cards bills paid by parents or are taught how to manage money at a young age.
22) You move to a white neighborhood despite the rejection by your neighbors. When you make it you never give back or look back because you believe your people are lazy and ungrateful.
23 ) Your African, Caribbean, Afro Latino and feel or think your better then Blacks because you feel more refined. News flash we are are African and get treated as such equally by White America ( Driving While Black, Employment, College Admission etc ). The Civil Rights movement was Black & White operated and during slavery no one from Africa ever came to help us that I know of.
31 year old Aja Brown recently became the youngest mayor of Compton, CA, a city with a history of poverty, corruption and violence. As a Compton native who won the election by a landslide, Mayor Brown is determined to turn the city around. Read this inspiring profile of the accomplished and determined woman in vogue: http://bit.ly/1dWfVIj
lol the tags, this is true, she is. wow! you go!
Twerking on her head
IN YO BITCH LIKE
A Fin whale carcass the bears have been feeding on for the past year lies beneath the surface of the water, Svalbard, Norway. Via Reddit
Photo credit: buen viaje
I FINALLY HAVE THIS ON MY BLOG
I REGRET NOTHING
I feel accomplished
I feel like I have a proper blog now.
my blog is complete
YES. blog complete.
TUMBLR RULE # 183
You must reblog this when you see it on your dash.
I FEEL SO ACCOMPLISHED RIGHT NOW.
OMG FUCKING FINALLY.
My tumblr feels complete. :)
Unofficial rule of Tumblr: This must make it onto your blog.
^ everything he said was true. Must reblog this.
holy shit…my life right here.
just for the shits and gigs
now i feel like in my customize page!!!1!!! omg yeah!!!!1!1!
Im feeling more apart of tumblr thanks to this.
Hahaha these comments are so unnecessary!!!
i don’t follow the rules coz i’m bad ass but i will still reblog this.
AAAAHAHAHAHA, I HAVE BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE FOR DIS.
ITS FINALLY ON MY BLOG, AFTER SEEING IT EVERYTIME I CHANGE AROUND MY THEME OR EDIT SHIT
the things it says on here omfg why
FUCKING GOT IT
MY BLOG FINALLY HAS THIS YESSSSSS
It must be shit to be on the most famous Tumblr picture,
but have your face BLURRED OUT…
This is pretty needed..
i’ve reblogged this 34900754 times FUCKYEA
I don’t understand, what’s this?
if you don’t understand this. get off tumblr plz. omFG. c:
FINALLY. Thank you God.
This is exactly why I love tumblr
I was waiting for this almost a year!
I’ve seen this about 50 times… never seen so many people excited over a blurry picture… please someone fill me in on why this is such a big deal? lol smh… maybe I just don’t get it.
^its been on tumblr since the beginning. and we see every time we customize our pages. so its kinda a symbol of us being on tumblr :) if you don’t get it, why are you on tumblr?
I’M FUCKING LAUGHING AT ALL OF THE COMMENTS, REBLOGING FOR THE COMMENTS AND WELL…. YOU CAN NOT NOT HAVE THIS ON YOUR BLOG!
How can you not know what this is? Are there bloggers out there that don’t edit their page??